Thursday, March 12, 2009
Thursday Thanks Tank #78
My cup of thankfulness is so full I just spilled it all over the floor.
Isn't that a great image? I have had a tremendous week. This post is going to be long because I want to share so much and include pictures.
1. Elsie's One Year Pictures: I picked them up yesterday. I have to share a couple. Here are two of my favorites.
2. Thomas is not allergic to Peanuts: We took my 3rd son into the allergist to be tested for a peanut allergy. He is not allergic. He is also very determined. Before the test he said, "It is not going to hurt me." He didn't cry - or even flinch! Later when Daddy asked if it hurt, he said, "It hurt but I was trying to be tough." (I wish I had half his determination sometimes!)
3. Good Doctor Visit for David: We got David's meds renewed. He is now set with his asthma medication and renewed Epipens. The doctor was very attentive. I asked a slew of questions. I feel equiped to talk to the Principal at David's school next year. He starts Kindergarten and his school does not have any provisions in place for someone with a peanut allergy. I am thankful for David's Allergy/Asthma doctor.
4. Getting Away with the Girls: This past Friday night I went to the Coast with some girlfriends. It was relaxing and fun. We had beautiful weather for the NW this time of year. We stayed at a beach house that was a path's walk away from the beach. We took a nighttime walk on the beach. The moon was bright and the beach and ocean was beautiful in the moonlight. It did not rain on Saturday and I took a long walk on the beach. It was peaceful.
Here's a goofy self-portrait I took. I promised the girls I wouldn't post their pictures on my blog.
5. Solitude: On Saturday I took a nice walk on the beach by myself. I sat on some rocks and soaked in the grandeur of the waves hitting the rocks. I appreciated the time to sit quietly and listen to the sounds around me. I stayed an extra night at the beach house. What a treat! This was time was precious. I built a fire and spent the night reading, reflecting and praying. I find solace and refreshment in solitude. I am thankful for my retreat and my husband who gave me the gift.
6. Good Results from the Cardiac Catheterization: My mom had a cardiac catheterization this past week. The results did not show any blockages. Although we don't know what is causing her trouble, I am thankful that the catheterization did not show poor results.
7. Cub Scouts: My oldest son really enjoys cub scouts. I am thankful for the experiences he has there. This week they prepared and cooked their own meal.
8. Lost Tooth: Jonathan finally lost his front tooth. That tooth would not give up. It was loose for a long time. It was hanging crooked. The permanent tooth was coming in behind it. And, yet, both my husband and I tried numerous times and couldn't get it out. I am thankful that tooth came out this week! Jonathan was able to yank it out himself.
9. Being Challenged: I am being stretched. I am taking on a new leadership position. It isn't official yet so I can't really share about it. I am thankful that I gave the position a lot (lot, lot, lot) of prayer and consideration. I am thankful that I was sensitive to the direction I needed to go, even when my selfish nature didn't want me to.