Thursday, January 20, 2011

Moments of Hilarity (TTT 148)

We were landing. The long flight was finally over. It was the end of the trip and I was ready to be done with traveling.

As soon as the fasten seat belt sign turns off, my 5 year old jumps up from his seat, leans slightly over the edge of the seat in-front of him. He makes his hand into a fist and in one quick motion moves it back and forth over the very surprised passenger's head.

"Noogie, Noogie, Noogie!!!"

In a nanosecond, I scan passengers' faces, especially the innocent man's, for reaction. Everyone was laughing. The man was a good sport.

I said, "You cannot do that to someone you don't know!"

My oh-so-fun son said, "Momma! I didn't really do it. I just pretended."

~

Over Christmas break, we went with my parents to a Christmas light show. We drove through the amazing lights and then enjoyed a petting zoo at the end.

It was C-O-L-D.

There was a small figure outside the tents of animals. My 3 year old daughter apparently noticed the fire on the way in.

"I go to fire. I go to fire! I want to go to the fire!"

So, my dad and I took the little princess over to the fire. There were just a few people standing around it.

My daughter stood there for a minute, looked around and then said, "WHERE are the marshmallows?"

~

Today I went grocery shopping at Wal-mart. I had to walk back down part of an aisle that I missed. I left the cart and walked about 5 feet away. My daughter yelled, "MaaaaaMaaaaaa... MaaaaaaMaaaaaa... I'm OVER HERE."

During the same shopping trip she said with urgency in her voice, "Someone wants you!" To which I replied, "Why do you think that?" And she said, I heard someone calling "Momma".

~

I am thankful for the everyday little moments in life that make me laugh. I will remember some of the funny moments with my kids. I won't remember them all. But each funny conversation or silly exchange brightens my world.

2 comments:

sharon said...

Thanks for the little chuckles before bed. Loved the one about someone calling for you in Walmart.

Carmom said...

Thank you! I love reading this. I needed a little laugh.