Each Thursday I try to make a list of my thankful thoughts. Sometimes I jot it down on paper, sometimes I share that list here, and other times I just highlight one or two things that I am thankful for. This is my Thursday Thanks Tank.
It's been a while since I've posted a Thursday Thanks Tank. The only reason for that is that I haven't slowed down enough to do it during the day and by nighttime my energy (and brainpower) is zapped.
I am thankful for:
1. Basketball: My boys are having fun. They had their first games this week. It was exciting to watch. I love that they are trying something new.
2. Wisdom from a friend: I love when I share my thoughts and feelings with a friend and I get solid advice -wisdom- in response. I especially love it when that friend is my husband.
3. New recipes that delight the family. We tried 3 new recipes last week. My husband and I loved all 3. The kids liked 2 out of the 3. That's a win!
4. Winning: Speaking of winning, I won a $30 Radio Shack gift card from the Frugal Fairy just for commenting on a blog contest. Now, that's fun!
5. Organization in the Kitchen: I'm going on my third week of mega meal planning (I just made up that term) and it feels fantastic. I'm planing, I'm becoming more aware of what I already have, we waste very little food, there is no stress about what we are going to eat, and there are no unplanned trips to the grocery store.
6. Regular Exercise: I've been going to the gym 5 days a week and it feels amazing. As a result, I'm ready for bed (or falling asleep on the couch) about 9:30 or 10, which is a huge switch for me. I think my husband and I are both benefiting from going to bed at an earlier hour.
7. My new gym bag: Don't you love it? It was a gift from my husband. He's not a Bama fan. Oh how I love that man. I love him more than I love Alabama football, which is quite a lot. (Roll Tide to that!)
Well, that's my list for today. Tonight's grocery shopping night and I am trying to finish up my list before the boys get home from school.
Take some time to be thankful today. It will improve your attitude and allow you to appreciate the good in life.