It's late on Thursday and I should be in bed already but I'm not. I am unwinding from a fairly busy day. What better way to do that than to make a list of thankful thoughts?
I am thankful for:
1. Teachers: Teachers amaze me. They really do. I am thankful for all of the teachers out there (that goes for the homeschool teachers, too).
2. Flowers: My family gave me flowers on Saturday. They (both the flowers and the thought that went in to them) have been brining me joy all week.
3. My husband: Too many reasons to list. The man treats me well and loves me, dearly.
4. Clearance Sales: I love finding good deals. It's wonderful when you get items 50% or 75% off.
5. A Successful Halloween Party: My Peanut Allergic 2nd Grader had a Halloween party today at school. It was fun. The food was wonderful (and safe for my son). The kids loved it. I am thankful... I was the mom-in-charge, along with the amazing teacher.
6. Exercise: I am becoming a bit addicted - or is it dedicated? - to regular exercise. I haven't felt this good in... longer than I'm willing to admit. I am thankful for exercise and how it makes me feel.
7. Impromptu Family Fun: Last night we blasted 80's music and danced like we were rock stars. It was hilarious and wonderful.
8. Hairbows, fingernail polish, and Hello Kitty makeup ... and everything else that makes my little 3 year old girl girly. She is at such a fun age.
9. Magic mom powers: I have no idea how my kisses sooth a sore arm, how my groggy words comfort a scared child after a bad dream, or how my words give confidence to a child in a moment of insecurity. I have no idea how it's possible but I am thankful for those special mothering moments.
That's my list for today. Remember, time spent being thankful is time well-spent.